Toward the end of June, the kids and I went up to Chicago for our annual weekend with Danielle. She had just moved into a new place a few weeks before so I was excited to actually get to see it in person. We left on Friday right after lunch, but we had to stop in Kankakee for a few quick errands. I underestimated how long it takes us to run "quick" errands when I have three kids in tow, so our quick stop turned into a couple of hours. This left us stuck in traffic again (will I never learn my lesson?!) on 90 until Dani told us to take Lake Shore instead. There was still traffic but at least we were moving. We got there around 5:30 p.m. We unpacked and then went out for pizza before heading downtown to the American Girl doll store. We ended up taking a bus downtown (unusual for us since we normally take the El). The girls had each brought some of their allowance money to spend and were in awe of everything that was there. After a long time of looking, Chloe finally decided on an outfit and glasses for her doll and Aubrey got a little dog and some earrings for hers. Coye seemed unphased by being in such a girly store - he was actually really good. We then got back on the bus and rode it to a frozen yogurt place. After eating, we headed back to Dani's and did quick baths and bed since it was so late! The following day we headed to Lincoln Park Zoo, which is a couple of blocks from where she lives now - amazing! They loved looking at all of the animals and especially loved riding the carousel. After eating lunch at home, we decided to brave the weather and chance of rain and headed to the beach. It was a long walk, but the girls did pretty good. They loved playing in the sand and the water - which was freezing! We had to pry them away to get them to leave. I realized when we started rinsing off that I hadn't brought any clothes for Coye to change into. I really didn't want him sitting in his stroller all wet and sandy, so I just put a diaper on him. They all got in the bathtub as soon as we got him to rinse all the sand off. Then it was supper and time for bed. The next morning we went to Dani's church. She had to go early and greet, so the kids and I came later. I actually made it there without getting lost. Again, it was really close and easy to find. Coye was good during church, except that the service is in an auditorium with sloping seats, so his tractors began going downhill until Dani put her sweater down as a roadblock. The girls went with Dani's old roommate Kristin during the service for Sunday School. After church, we ate a picnic lunch at a park and played. Then we went home. It was a fun yet exhausting weekend!
 |
| Ready to go to the zoo |
 |
| Looking at some monkeys |
 |
| Looking for the zebra |
 |
| Riding the carousel |
 |
| Aubrey on the carousel |
 |
| Me and the kids |
 |
| Waiting for the bus to take us downtown to the American Girl Doll store |
 |
| The girls and their purchases |
 |
| Me and the kids again |
 |
| Dani and the girls |
 |
| Chloe and her doll |
 |
| Playing in the sand |
 |
| Chloe in the sand |
 |
| We buried Aubrey's legs |
 |
| More digging |
 |
| In the water |
 |
| A nice little boy let Coye play with his excavator |
 |
| On the way home from the beach |
 |
| Picnic at the park |
 |
| It was hot outside. |
 |
| Chloe found a cool place. |
 |
| Me and the kids at the park |
No comments:
Post a Comment