This year I finally convinced Calvin to let me have a garden again. In years past, I tried having one only to have it succumb to weeds by the end of summer. I promised him that I would keep it weed free if he would only till up a patch for me, so this spring, he tilled up a patch where the round pen used to be and planted part of it back to grass and part of it became my garden. Mom and Dad came and helped me plant it. We planted cherry tomatoes, regular tomatoes, red and green peppers, zucchini, lettuce, green beans, acorn squash, watermelon, and cantaloupe. I had to replant a few things (my beans didn't come up the first time) and I've lost a few things - Coye hoed a pepper plant and my zucchini keep dying. But all in all, I've kept it weeded and it's finally producing. I love eating fresh things from the garden!
1 comment:
Your garden looks good. I forgot how much work my Mom put into the garden until I starting helping Chris. Good for you!
Post a Comment