The girls and I picked out our Christmas tree by ourselves this year. We had a very busy Thanksgiving weekend and I knew if we didn't get a tree that Saturday, we wouldn't be able to get one for another couple of weeks. The girls and I headed to Champaign Saturday to go wedding dress shopping with Jenna and stopped at Lowe's quick to pick out a tree. They did a good job of holding the tree so I could see what it looked like before we finally settled on one. I love the smell of a real tree and although I'd rather go out and cut one down, it is pretty easy to just go buy a pre-cut one. Plus, my friend's got me hooked on Frasier fir trees, which are hard to find to cut down around here. We brought it home and I got lights on it while the girls were at school the following week. After supper and baths, we took some time to put ornaments and tinsel on it. I just love how beautiful Christmas trees look once they're finally finished.








No comments:
Post a Comment