My church hosts an Advent by Candlelight on the first Sunday after Thanksgiving. Women from the church decorate and host a table and then we invite friends, family, and other area churches' women to come as well. We sing Christmas hymns, have special music, and my sister-in-law speaks - all to help us prepare our hearts for Christmas and Jesus' birth. I've only hosted once with a friend, but this year felt that I could handle it on my own. It was a lot of fun figuring out what I wanted to do for my table. I spent a lot of time on Pinterest coming up with ideas. I'm very happy with how the table turned out and even happier with how the evening went. Aubrey was asked to play piano, so she was able to come and spend the evening with us too. We had a great turnout and a great message to help me get ready for Christmas.
| Note how the napkins are folded - I even found a pin on how to fold them in a Christmas tree shape. I love Pinterest! |
No comments:
Post a Comment