Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Aubrey's 1st Day of Kindergarten!

Today was the day that I've been dreading for the past few months - the first day of kindergarten. While Aubrey has been counting down the days because she's been so excited, I've been hoping to wait as long as possible. It's not that I don't want my baby girl to grow and learn, it's just that I hate that she'll be away from me more than she'll be with me. Plus, she's such an awesome helper, a great playmate for her sister, and is so helpful with Coye. It's going to be such an adjustment for us all. Today was only a half day so she came home before lunch. Thank goodness! I was very proud of myself. I was able to stay composed for the most part. It was hard to say goodbye to her in the classroom, even though she was perfectly fine, and I only teared up a little. It wasn't until after leaving her in her room when one of my friends asked how I was doing that I almost lost it. They had opening chapel this morning, but because Coye hadn't yet eaten, we went home. Poor boy, he had to get up early this morning (7:45 a.m.). Yesterday he didn't get up until 10:15 a.m. He's going to have to adjust his schedule according to school now. On the plus side, I was able to get my upstairs cleaned this morning before going to pick up Aubrey. The first thing she said was that she didn't want to come home - she wanted to stay all day. At least she loved school and is happy to be back. She had a great morning and is excited to stay all day tomorrow!




3 comments:

Marsha Keller said...

The first of many firsts! Just know that you and Clavin are great parents and as Phil says,
"delightful girls"!!!

Diane said...

First day of school...brings back memories as a teacher. Aubrey really looks happy.

Ingrid said...

For this reason alone, I'm glad Maximus was born 1 week late instead of 1 week early! I can't believe our babies are this old!! Where did the time go?