Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of School

So, today was Aubrey's first day of preschool. She has been excited for weeks to go to school. She even had me circle the date on the calendar and had a countdown going on. Today was finally the day. We got dressed, ate breakfast, and then were off to school. She looked so big carrying her bookbag on her back. Once we got to school, we found her table and she sat down and got right to painting like all the other kids. Chloe and I hung around for a few minutes just to make sure she was settled, but she did fine when we left. I, on the other hand, got a little choked up - she's my baby going off to school for the first time - but I didn't cry. On the way to the car, Chloe asked, "Where Aubrey?" to which I replied, "She's at school." This was the first of five times in about an hour and a half that she asked this. It was so weird to be at home with only one child! Chloe and I played for a while, which was really nice considering I rarely spend time with her alone. She is so cute - she loves playing with the kitchen and her dolls. We then left to go pick Aubrey up. She went on and on about all of the things that she had done at school. She absolutely loved it! I'm so glad!

Ready for school with her bookbag and supplies
Chloe's not so sure about this whole going to school thing
Aubrey painting at her table at school

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

!!! How cute! I'm sure the house felt empty!