Last week it was my birthday. I feel like we've been celebrating birthdays for the past month, so I opted to not make myself a birthday cake. It was pretty low key, which was fine with me. I had lunch with a good friend at a local Chinese restaurant. It was delicious and fun to go out to eat and only have the two boys. I made manicotti for supper and then opened presents. The girls each wrapped up a picture they made me. They have gotten to be quite good at wrapping gifts. Calvin got me a TV for our bedroom. (I secretly think he wanted it for himself and just disguised it as a gift for me.) I was pleasantly surprised and am excited for him to get it hooked up and working. My birthday was on a Thursday, so my parents and my sister and her friend came up on Saturday to babysit the kids while Calvin and I went to dinner by ourselves. It was so nice to go out just the two of us - we hadn't done that since Coye's been born. When we got home, they had made me a birthday cake so we did some more celebrating. All in all, it was a good birthday.
1 comment:
Glad that you had a great birthday celebration...even though it was low key!
Post a Comment