Thursday, March 15, 2012

10 Months Old!

I'm a little late in posting this but just last week Coye turned 10 months old! I know I say this every month but I just can't believe how fast this little boy is growing. Last year at this time he was still inside my belly and now he's a mobile machine getting into everything. Here's what he's been up to this month:
  • He finally gained some weight and now weighs 18 pounds 2 ounces. All that getting up in the middle of the night paid off. :)
  • He loves yogurt! Hannah brought me some Yo Baby yogurt that he loves, but I also just blend various fruits with plain yogurt and he loves that too.
  • He's starting to eat more finger foods and food that is cut up into small pieces. He will eat toast, cheese, carrots, peaches, pears, bananas, crackers, peas, and other small items.
  • He can now feed himself. This is huge because now we can put food on his tray and he can feed himself instead of you having to put each bite in his mouth. Sometimes it backfires though and he shoves too much in and then gags because his mouth is too full.
  • He likes to stand up next to everything. He'll crawl over to something and then pull himself up so that he can stand next to it.
  • He loves to play in the garbage cans, so most of the time, they are put up and out of his reach.
  • Paper is a close second of top things to play with.
  • He's started throwing things - food, blocks, balls, socks . . . and he loves to play catch. You roll the ball to him and then he can pick it up and throw it back to you. It's quite cute!
  • He still gets up in the middle of the night at least once if not twice. I need to work on breaking him of this habit, but it's so much easier just to nurse him back to sleep and I'm still struggling with figuring out if he's waking up because he's hungry or if he just wants someone with him.
  • The girls love him dearly and continue to fight over who gets to talk to him, play with him, sit by him at meal times, etc.


No comments: