On March 2nd, Aubrey turned 6. Just as I said with Chloe, I can't believe that Aubrey is 6 years old. She's gotten so big and grown so much. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the fact that she is now as old as the kids I used to teach when I taught first and second grade. It doesn't seem possible that she could be this old already! She has gotten taller and lankier. According to the nurse at her well check, she is 45 inches tall and weighs 41 pounds, which is up 3 inches and 4 pounds from last year at this time. (Although when I measure her she's only about 44 inches and only weighs 38 pounds.) She is definitely an oldest child - her bossiness comes out quite frequently, especially when dealing with Chloe. She often wants Chloe to do things her way, and then gets upset when Chloe refuses. She continues to be very sensitive and can be found in tears when she gets hurt or things don't go her way. (This only occurs at home though - she's pretty tough at school.) She loves to be a helper and LOVES to take care of her brother. She can't wait until she's old enough to carry him around. :) She loves school and has learned so much this year. Her handwriting is gorgeous and the sentences she makes up with the words they are learning is amazing! Last weekend I was folding clothes and told her to read me a book while I did it. She picked up an easy reader chapter book and read me the whole thing. I only had to help her with a handful of words. She's such a sponge and just continues to soak everything in. I'm so proud of her and the things she is accomplishing and learning!
No comments:
Post a Comment