I love Pinterest. It has some great ideas. One idea that I found a while ago was to make a growth chart using a 1x4 that you then measure your kids and record their heights. This way you don't have to do it on a wall. I loved this idea but just hadn't found the time to get it done. Plus I had to wait for Calvin to remember to get me a board. We were finally in Menards about a month ago together and got a board. Luckily for me they were staining trim for a job and Calvin stained it for me. I then measured off inch marks and marked them with some tool that Calvin had and a Sharpie. After tracing on the numbers, it was ready to be varnished. Again I lucked out. Eileen was working on her trim for the shop so she gave the board two coats of varnish. It looked great, but Calvin really didn't want to screw it to the wall, so I found some command strips that were supposed to hold up to 16 pounds and Calvin attached it to the wall with those. I love how it turned out and am excited to have a visual that we can look at and see how much the kids grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment