Wednesday, June 8, 2011

One month already!

It's been one month already since Coye's been born. While I can't believe that he's already a month old, I also feel like he's been a member of our family for forever! He had his one month checkup yesterday. While I know he's growing, he's still so little and I didn't expect him to weight over 8 lbs. I was pleasantly surprised when the nurse weighed him and told me that he weighed 8 lbs. 15 oz., which means that he gained over 2 lbs. in the past three weeks. He also grew an inch, so he's now 21 inches long. The doctor also checked him all over and said that he's doing great - making eye contact and everything. She also put some silver nitrate on his belly button to help it dry up. He only had to get one shot - thank goodness. He screamed, but not for long and then forgot about it. I was so glad to get a healthy report and know that he's doing well.



One month old!
Coye continues to sleep most of the day. He eats about every three hours - that's about the only thing we have established so far. We have yet to come up with a good bedtime routine yet. It's hit or miss what time he goes to bed based on when he's eaten last and how much he's slept during the day. I've been trying to keep him up some after every feeding, but sometimes it's just so hard! He loves his baths, except getting his hair washed - he hates that and will cry when you start! We do some tummy time, but he only lasts for about 30 seconds before he rolls over. (No, rolling over at the doctor's office was not a fluke! He consistenly does it.) He loves the swing and the bouncy seat, although they usually put him to sleep. The girls still love him and want to hold him. We are constantly telling Chloe to get out of his face as she wants to kiss him all the time. Aubrey loves to hold him and talk to him, which is very helpful when I'm trying to get something done and he's crying.


Just chilling

I love baby feet!
Looking at something in the mirror

He hasn't lost any hair!


1 comment:

God's many Blessings said...

Alayna was the one we could never get out of the babies faces. She would practically climb into their carseats with them, just to get in their faces. They hated it and them she wondered why they would scratch her!!! I would tell her they are just pushing you away and that is the only way they can. Coye is such a cutie, and so much hair. Thanks for sharing, I love seeing pics of your family