Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Swimming Again

While everyone was here for Coye's baptism, we decided that it would be a good time to open the pool. I had no idea what to do and really needed Dad here to show me how to do it. Since they still had another couple weeks of school, he decided that this weekend would be the best for him, so he brought a bunch of chemicals with him and we planned to work on it. Of course, on Saturday, it rained off and on all day, so we basically worked in the rain putting the pool back together. It wasn't ideal, but we were able to get the cover off and the filter and pump put back out. I was so excited to see clear, but dirty, water when we got the cover off. We started adding chemicals on Sunday and I continued adding them all week. Dad and I vacuumed on Monday before they went back home and we got most of the dirt off. Danielle was nice enough to get in the icy water and scrub the dirt off the sides and whirlpool to get the rest in the middle. After she did that and we vacuumed again, the water looked great. The girls were so anxious to swim, so Calvin said he'd take them on Sunday (I can't swim yet). Eileen ended up calling on Sunday too to see if she could bring Sophia, Clare, and Edwin over to swim too. It worked out great! She kept the kids inside while I vacuumed again and then she and Calvin took them all in. The older girls did great, while Chloe clung to Calvin for dear life the entire time. She kept thinking that she was going to sink. Hopefully she gets over that soon! The rest of them had a great time.



Getting ready to go in

Coye and I hung out in the shade while they swam
Aubrey

Chloe and her new goggles


No comments: