Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day

We spent yesterday, Father's Day, out at the campground where Luke and Shelly have their camper. Luke grilled hamburgers, porkburgers, and smoked sausage and the rest of us brought food to share. The food was yummy and the weather was nice - overcast, but still warm enough that you didn't have to wear any coats but you weren't sweating either. When we got there, Luke was still grilling the meat, so the girls watched the game of Ladders that was being played before they took a turn. Coye hung out in his stroller sleeping, like he normally does when we are out and about. The girls had fun throwing the rope at the ladders, trying to hook it over one of the rungs. Shelly took the girls and I for a golf cart ride around the campground before we ate. After eating, we headed out to one of the ponds to do some fishing. The girls have been practicing casting off and on since last summer and have become pretty good at it. They were anxious to get out there and try to catch some real fish after so many times of pretending. I wasn't sure if we were going to get anything, but it turned out to be a good fishing day. The girls each had their own poles, while Danielle used mine and I borrowed one. Calvin kept busy helping the girls with their poles, putting worms on, and taking the fish we caught off and throwing them back in the pond. Aubrey caught the first fish and reeled it in all by herself. Chloe caught the second one and after that we just caught a steady stream of them. Even Danielle caught one. She was pretty excited because she'd never been fishing before and was hoping to catch at least one. Aubrey ended up catching five. Chloe caught five. Danielle and I each caught two and Calvin caught one. They were mostly little bluegill, but Danielle did catch one small bass and Calvin caught a catfish. We ended up fishing for probably two hours. Chloe got bored after a while, but Aubrey pretty much fished the entire time. Coye spent most of the afternoon either sleeping in his carseat or sleeping in someone's arms. The only thing we didn't do that the girls wanted to was play on the new playground they have. Luke told them that we can come back any time we want though so that helped to pacify them some. Next time we'll have to be sure to do that and bring their bikes so they can ride around the campground. They are really good at riding on the gravel now.


Calvin and the kids

Aubrey practicing throwing
Chloe wanted to practice too

Getting ready to fish

Danielle's first time

Aubrey's first catch

Chloe's first one - she even touched it!

Fishing with Grandma

Danielle's first catch


Coye has been growing like a weed! He's definitely getting heavier - my arm gets tired after holding him for a while. He's been sleeping much better at night. We've gotten into more of a bedtime routine - bath, feeding in my room with music, and then to bed. Most of the time he will go right to sleep and then get up between 2 and 2:30 and then between 5:30 and 6 and then go back to bed until 8 or 9. It's been nice to have around an hour or so to myself before going to bed at night. During the day he's been pretty fussy lately. He's been having a lot of gas, no matter what I eat so I'm going to try giving him gas drops and see if that helps any. He also refuses to nap during the day in his bed. I still try but usually don't get more than 10-15 minutes at a time. When I get really desperate for him to nap, I stick him either in the swing or the bouncy seat, and then he'll sleep for at least an hour. I remember Chloe going through the same phase. I shouldn't complain though because he does sleep pretty good at night. Now if he would just learn how to sleep quieter and not make so much noise when he's sleeping, we'd be great! Calvin can't wait for him to move upstairs.


Coye and Grandpa Wagner

Sleeping the day away with Grandma

Sleeping in his carseat under the netting - it worked great to keep the bugs off of him



1 comment:

Diane said...

I don't believe I ever caught a fish. My dad never fished, but I always thought I would like it.