Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Head is Down!

I had my 35 week doctor's appointment today. My friend and doula Tami went with me to meet my doctor and discuss a few questions that I had. I, of course, started the morning with an NST. The baby did great and was very active, which meant that I didn't have to stay hooked up too long. After that, we went to a room to wait for my doctor. At my appointment two weeks ago, the doctor felt and told me that the baby was breech. For the past couple of weeks, I've been trying not to worry about it too much, but I was really hoping for some good news today. After my doctor measured me and did my culture, she checked me to see where the head was. She said that the head was definitely down. What a relief! I was really hoping to be able to VBAC again this time. She also said that I was 40% effaced and dilated to a 1 already. We discussed the possibility that I could go into labor at anytime, which made me realize that I need to finish getting the baby's stuff together. Hopefully Dani and I will have some time on Friday or Monday to work on that. I can't believe that in 5 weeks or less I will finally meet my little peanut. Where has the time gone!

1 comment:

"The Menu Mom" said...

WOOOHOO! So happy for you!