Saturday, April 2, 2011

Chloe's Big Move

This past week I've been working on getting the upstairs ready for the girls to move into the same room. The computer desk had to be taken down, file cabinets moved downstairs, furniture moved out of Chloe's room, and clothing switched around. Calvin helped me move the bigger things, while I worked on the little things throughout the week. By Friday, everything was moved, even the pictures had been rehung. The girls had been counting down all week until they could sleep together - they've been so excited. Aubrey has been saying all week how she's going to take care of her sister and even take her potty in the middle of the night, so Chloe won't wake us up. She's so sweet! Last night was their first night together. I knew the biggest adjustment would be getting Chloe to stop talking long enough that they could both fall asleep. Neither one of them had a nap on Friday, so I knew they were both tired and was hoping that they would fall asleep easier. Calvin put them to bed and came down around 8:15 p.m. He went back up about 20 minutes later to check on them and found them reading books in bed. He took the books away and then told them to go to sleep. I went back up about 30 minutes later only to find Chloe still talking and laying right next to Aubrey on Aubrey's pillow. I convinced her to lay on her pillow (she kept saying that she just wanted to cuddle someone). About 20 minutes later, Chloe came down to the basement saying that Aubrey had hurt her hand. I took her back upstairs and told her to be quiet and go to sleep. When I checked on them around 9:45 p.m., they were both asleep. I was hoping they would sleep in this morning, but they were both up around 7:15 a.m., which is normal for Chloe, but not for Aubrey. Needless to say, they were both pretty tired today. We only had to go upstairs once tonight to tell them to go to bed, which is much better and when I checked on them at 8:45 p.m., they were asleep. Hopefully they stay that way and sleep well tonight!

We let Chloe have this dresser since the drawers are lower.

Aubrey's "new" dresser - it's actually part of the set from the basement. I told her if she had this dresser, Chloe wouldn't be able to reach her stuff. She was all about it! :) Their bed with the rail so Chloe won't fall out.
This side used to have the doll house.
Getting ready to read books with Daddy.
I moved the doll houses and Chloe's bookshelf out into the old office. The girls have played upstairs with their dollhouses all week. They love having them right next to each other. I should have done that a long time ago!
Their new school corner

2 comments:

Diane said...

Everything looks great! I especially like the school corner!!

Ingrid said...

How exciting!! I bet they will LOVE sharing a room!! And I love your school corner! Love those desks :) perfect!