Last week was a cleaning week around here. I worked on cleaning the house from top to bottom - which it definitely needed. The girls also both came down with colds on Monday. While Chloe had a runny nose, Aubrey had a sore throat. By Thursday, they were both doing much better and I thought that we had made it through pretty quickly. On Friday afternoon, Chloe's one eye started to get a little red and had some discharge. She has a history of getting a cold in her eyes that then turns into pinkeye, so I got a little nervous. Saturday morning it looked better and when I called the doctor, they said to just wash them (it was in both eyes now) and if they weren't better by Monday to bring her in. Sunday both eyes looked terrible, so I took her to the doctor yesterday. She did indeed have pinkeye, so we got drops for her eyes. I had the doctor look at her throat too since she had complained about it hurting. He also checked her ears and found that she had an ear infection. I was shocked - she never once complained about her ear hurting, only her throat. Her throat was also slightly red so he put her on amoxycillin. I'm so glad I ended up taking her in. She loves her medicine, but hates the drops. I have to put two drops in each eye four times a day. It's torture! She screams and tries to cover her eyes. I end up having to sit on her legs to pin her down. We've even tried bribing her with candy, which doesn't work. Hopefully the more we do it, the more resigned to it she'll be.
On another note, Calvin and I went shopping with the girls on Saturday. The goal was to get Chloe something for her birthday and to get a few other things. We found Chloe something she'll love and also got most of our other shopping done. While it was exhausting, the girls had fun spending time with their daddy. I was playing with Chloe yesterday and told her that we got her something for her birthday. When she asked me what it was, I told her that I couldn't tell her because it was a surprise. She then proceeded to tell me that she doesn't like surprises, so I could just tell her what her present is. She's so funny! She's definitely a persuader and will try to persuade anyone to do what she wants them to.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing! Chloe sounds like quite a "gem."
Post a Comment