Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Girls' Birthday Party

This past weekend we celebrated the girls' birthdays with Calvin's family. With their birthdays being so close together, we usually just have one party with family to celebrate both of them. I took the girls to the party store about a month ago to pick out what theme they wanted for their party. Aubrey really wanted My Little Pony, but Chloe wanted Dora. I told them that they had to work together to pick one theme. Chloe was pretty adamant about having Dora, and Aubrey (who's usually really good about giving in) decided that Dora would be fine with her too. Instead of buying invitations, I had the girls pick out Dora stickers and then make their own invitations. I also had Aubrey help me pick out which Dora she wanted on the cake. They were definitely excited! Luckily for me, my sister Hannah and her husband came this past weekend for a baby shower, so she was around on Saturday to help me make food and work on the cake. While it was fun to make, it took forever to decorate! Dora has a lot of colors on her, which means that I had to change frosting colors and tips a lot! In the end, it turned out good (although Calvin said it looked like Dora was in a cave since the cake dipped in the middle) - good enough for me anyways. I don't claim to be a professional cake decorator or anything. The whole party was fun for the girls who had a blast playing with their cousins and opening presents.

The Dora cake
Happy birthday girls!
Opening presents
Chloe's new sunglasses from Aunt Kathy and Uncle John - she lost her old purple ones and had been wanting new ones
One of the few things on Aubrey's list was UNO attack. UNO is probably her favorite game, so she was so excited to get this.
Chloe loved the sunglasses so much, she continued to wear them off and on for the rest of the day.
Blowing out the candles
The three littlest girl cousins eating cake together - they were too cute sitting together like this.

1 comment:

jw11 said...

Happy Birthday to both cute girls! Nice cake Alicia!