Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Aubrey was so excited about today. She was excited for her Valentine's Day party at school and the fact that this year she got to "mail" the valentines she brought for her friends in their valentines boxes. Last year she didn't get to do this, so she couldn't wait to get to school and do this. I love the fact that she loves school so much and can't wait to go. She's like a little sponge - constantly absorbing things that they learn and do in school. It's so awesome to watch and see how much she's learned this year. It's amazing! Chloe, of course, missed her while she was at school and was happy to have her home. Aubrey, being the awesome big sister that she is, volunteered to share the candy that she got at school with her little sister. She reminded Chloe that Valentine's Day is about showing love and that's how she could show love to her sister. She also reminded us that Valentine's Day is about how much Jesus loves all of us, even the baby who isn't born yet. Oh how I love that child! I couldn't ask for a better oldest child.


The girls with their valentines first thing this morning.


Opening their valentine cards from Aunt Diane.

I love my sister!
Aubrey "read" books to Chloe in our room.

On a side note, I had a doctor's appointment last Friday. It's amazing how much stronger and louder the baby's heartbeat is than it was even a month ago. My measurements were good and the heartbeat was nice and strong. I go back in 4 weeks and then after that every 2 weeks, which is crazy! I can't believe that I'm that far already. In a way, I feel like I've been pregnant for forever, but on the other hand, it's gone by so fast. I'll be 26 weeks tomorrow, and I've been feeling great! What can I say - I love being pregnant!




2 comments:

Diane said...

I love reading about what the girls are doing. I also love how positive you always are in your comments.

Alicia said...

Thanks. I've been trying to be more optimistic about life in general. Glad it's coming through.