Sunday, September 7, 2008

Last Days of Summer

Last weekend, mom, dad, and Jenna came to our house to visit. Aubrey, of course, loved having all of the extra people to play with and get attention from. She laid claim to Jenna and told me that Aunt Jenna was sleeping with her in her bed. She had a lot of fun! While they were here, we did tomato juice, because mom wanted to have some to use while cooking. I think we ended up canning about 24 quarts of juice, which I am making mom take half of. I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to do with all of that juice. I use it to make meatloaf (which is NOT Calvin's favorite meal), but that's about it. I guess I'll just have to come up with something else to use it in.
Aubrey and Chloe both had colds last week. Aubrey's only lasted a couple of days, so I was hopeful that Chloe's wouldn't last too long either. That has not happened. She's had her cold now for a little over a week and it's finally starting to go away. She has not slept very good this past week either - sometimes getting up as much as five times during the night, which is very unusual for her. Needless to say, I've been pretty tired this week and have felt like I'm walking around in a fog. Last night, she only woke up twice, so maybe once this cold is finally gone, we'll get back to normal sleeping. One can hope!
Aubrey's continued to make great progress with the whole potty training thing. The past three mornings she has woken up dry. She's also only had one accident in the past three days and has started pooping in the potty too. Hooray! Maybe there's an end in sight. I feel like we've been working on this forever!
Chloe continues to roll around and sit up, but no crawling yet. She has figured out how to go from sitting to her tummy, but not the other way around yet. Every once in a while she gets up on her knees or tries to scoot to reach for something, but so far, nothing yet. I wonder if she'll be happier when she is mobile.
Aubrey said she was a farmer with her hat on. I then told her she was a cowgirl,
but she insisted on being a cowboy instead.
I actually got her hair in a french braid this week. She did awesome sitting still while I braided it. It was so nice because it actually stayed in and didn't fall out!
The girls have been taking baths together, which is so nice, because it takes less time to bathe both of them. Chloe loves it and manages to scoot all around. Aubrey's not so sure sometimes when Chloe tries to take her toys away.
Here's what Chloe looks like when she wakes up from a nap. Crazy!
Chloe's seven-month picture on the couch. Seven months! I can hardly believe it!
Chloe loves to try and eat the grass!
Clothespins are pretty good, too!

No comments: