Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Drama Queens!

I bought a journal last week so that I could start recording the funny/cute things the girls say or do. So far, I've been pretty good about adding things. I've found that if I don't write them down, I forget a lot of the things that they've done. Hopefully this will be something that they can look back at and see what they did as children (if I can keep it up).


Aubrey has been her usual dramatic self this week. Last Saturday she got in trouble and had to sit on the steps. After her time was up, she went upstairs by herself while I stayed downstairs with Chloe. It was very quiet. After a little while I went upstairs to check on her and was surprised to find her door closed and her lights off. I opened her door and found her laying in her bed with her music playing, her covers pulled up to her chin, and her eyes closed. When I asked her what she was doing, she said that she was going night-night. It was 11:00 a.m. - nowhere near time for nap!



Last week was all about swimming. I would lay out the blue blanket that we have and Aubrey would pretend that it was her swimming pool. We used pillows for rafts and she had to have her actual swimming raft blown up. (Daddy let her do that.) Every day we went "swimming" and splashed in the pool. By Friday, I was so sick of looking at her raft that we put it away. So far this week, we haven't swam at all. We've driven to the store, gone to the park, sang at church, practiced handbells, and ate at McDonald's. The child doesn't lack imagination, that's for sure!
Trying to blow up her raft

"Swimming" in the "pool"

Going shopping in her boots
Pretty in pigtails
Chloe's biggest accomplishment last week was going from her tummy to sitting up by herself. Calvin was the one who actually saw her do it first. He thought that she had been able to do it for a while and was shocked when he learned that he got to see her do it first. She also has started to pull herself up onto her knees by using some things. Other than that, she rolls to get where she wants to go. Her other accomplishment last week was eating squash, her first real food. She didn't really like it that much. She was pretty funny to watch, because she would take a bite and then close her eyes and shake or spasm at the taste. After almost every bite she did that. She's gotten a little better, but I wouldn't say that she loves food yet. We'll see how she does with other stuff.


Chloe liked eating her bib more than she liked eating the squash!
Eating squash - yummy!
Somehow Chloe managed to scoot herself over to the drawer, pull it out, and start taking towels out before I even knew what she was doing. This child is going to be into everything! Everything goes into Chloe's mouth
Playing with her shoes . . .
. . . and then eating them.

No comments: