Thursday, August 7, 2008

Trip to Mom and Dad's

This past week the girls and I went to mom and dad's house to spend time with them for a week. We hadn't been to see them at their house since Christmas plus we hadn't had a vacation at all this year yet. We had such a good time spending time with them, relaxing, and swimming in their pool. Aubrey absolutely loves Jenna, and loved the fact that she got to sleep in Jenna's room with her! Jen is so good with her too. While we were there, both girls ended up getting sick. Chloe started running a fever first. She ran a fever for about a day and a half and had a sore throat (I think), but then she was fine. Aubrey came down with the fever on Friday and was sick with it, a sore throat, and a tummy ache until Sunday morning. When we left, poor Jenna had also caught it and I was fighting a sore throat too. It definitely made the rounds! I'm just glad that I was there when the girls were sick as I had lots of help!

Mom got out the Playmobil zoo for Aubrey to play with while we canned peaches.

Aubrey and Chloe


Cuddling with Aunt Jenna


Playing with Aunt Hannah


Swimming in the pool



Playing at the park


One of the highlights of the week was the trip to the Fort Wayne Children's Zoo. Aubrey and Chloe had never been to a zoo before, and I haven't been to a decent sized one in quite a while. We had such a good time. Aubrey's favorite animals were the monkeys and her favorite part was the carousel. She rode on it with Jenna and loved it! It went pretty fast, but she loved riding on the whale going up and down. She would wave to us every time she saw us. It was so cute! Chloe also had a great time just soaking up the sights and sounds. She loves being outside, so this was great for her! It was a really nice zoo and we are looking forward to going back next year when they have the African part of the zoo finished.

In front of the horse at the zoo

Aubrey and Grandma looking at the monkeys

Grandpa and Chloe


Riding the carousel with Aunt Jenna


Standing in the treehouse "Riding" on the train

Feeding the geese


Aubrey was worn out by the end of the zoo
While at mom and dad's, Chloe started sitting up a little. She can now sit up for about 30-45 seconds before toppling over. If she has something in front of her, she can sometimes make it even longer! She also started screaming while we were there, not out of anger, just to make noise. It's really obnoxious, because it's high-pitched and ear piercing. When we came back home, I asked Calvin if he was sure he really wanted us back, because that's what Chloe did the entire first night back home. It will be interesting to see what kind of child she is as she gets older. She certainly is loud now. Mom says that once she starts talking, she will probably never be quiet. :) We'll see.



Aubrey continues to exhibit the typical two year old behavior - very self-centered, independent, and whiny interspersed with tantrums. It definitely makes the days interesting. She has an opinion about everything and has gotten to be very bossy! We are working on potty training again. Mom started when we were there, and on Monday I told Aubrey we were not wearing diapers anymore. We "threw" them away. She's done fairly well the past three days with only one accident per day. She's been wearing pull-ups ("special underwear") at nap and night. I'm hoping that by not having the diapers around anymore, she will be more apt to want the whole potty training thing to happen. I sure do!

No comments: