Monday, July 7, 2008

Trip to St. Louis

Last Wednesday, we (me, Dani, and the girls) headed down to St. Louis for Colton's baptism. We left right away in the morning and got down there around 12:30 p.m. The girls did pretty good in the car. Aubrey played with her baby and ponies, read books, and watched a movie for part of the time, while Chloe slept a little and then mostly just looked around and played with a few toys. Once we got there, we enjoyed some down time visiting with Ingrid, Max, my parents, and Jenna (Nic was at work), and of course, holding baby Colton, who is so cute!! I can't believe how little he is. I know that Chloe is only 5 months old, but she seems huge next to him! He has such skinny arms and legs and big feet. Aubrey absolutely loved him! I'm pretty sure that she held him more than I did. She loved holding him and would just sit there and talk to him or just look at him. It was pretty cute!
Aubrey and Colton

The baptism went really well. Nic's friends Joel and Trixie along with Jenna were his sponsors. Colton did great and didn't make much of a peep! Chloe almost made it through the whole service, which I thought was pretty good, considering it was in the evening and she's normally fussy then. After the baptism, we went back to Nic and Ingrid's house for cake and ice cream.



My brother Nic's family



Maximus and Aubrey played really well together. They didn't necessarily play with each other all the time, but they played around each other and shared very well. I think Max is better at sharing than Aubrey is right now. They played outside on their little porch for most of the afternoon on Wednesday. Nic and Ingrid have a kitchen, slide, and other toys for them out there, so it was a hit with both of them. Mom gave Max and Aubrey a bath together Thursday night before Dani and I left. I wasn't quite sure how it would go, because all of the other times that we've tried this, one of them usually cries. This time, though, they had a blast with each other. They used these bath crayons that mom bought Maximus and drew all over the tub. They had a great time "talking" to one another and splashing. I can't wait for them to spend more time together! They are so cute!

Maximus and Aubrey




Mom wanted to get a picture of all four grandchildren together at once in their matching outfits that she bought them. We took tons of pictures and got several cute ones. Here are some from our attempts!


me and Colton

Jenna and Chloe

Chloe with her fingers in her mouth. Surprise, surprise! :)

Aubrey cuddling with Grandpa

No comments: