Monday, July 21, 2008

Vacation Bible School

Two weeks ago, our church put on a Vacation Bible School for the local children. I helped with the snacks, which was an ideal job, because I could have Chloe with me, yet still help out. I was planning on keeping Aubrey with me also, but she surprised me by actually going with the preschool class. Her cousin Sophia was in the class, so that helped. She did such a great job of sitting still and listening. I didn't hear a peep from her for the first three days of VBS. On Thursday, she came with me for a little while in the kitchen, but then went back with her class. Friday was a bit rougher - I think that she was tired from the busy week. She stayed in the kitchen with me quite a bit. Overall, she had a great time and hopefully learned some. She can tell you that her Bible verse was "Love the Lord your God." It was actually a little bit longer, but I'm happy that she can at least remember that much. We had a closing program on Sunday where the kids sang the songs that they had learned. Aubrey stood up there and sang with the other kids. It was so cute! Chloe was also a really good girl. She got spoiled from being held so much though!
Aubrey puts stickers on one of her pages.
Aubrey eats her popsicle while she listens to the story.

No comments: