I know, I know. It's been absolutely forever since I've posted anything on here. But with packing, moving, and all the other projects that I put off doing because we moved (more on that later), I haven't been able to post anything new until I got my list completed. Well, the list is done and now I can work on getting this updated. So here goes.
Last week our county fair started. Fair is always such a fun time for us, which is really quite funny seeing as how I never went to the fair as a kid. But my kids love it and enjoy completing projects to take and just going and looking around. This year both girls were in Cloverbuds, which is a 4-H group they can be in before they turn 8. At the age of 8, they get to join the actual 4-H club. I was the leader this year and really enjoyed it. My group of kids was great and I loved meeting with them every month. The Cloverbuds always make a group project to take to the fair and this year we made patriotic windsocks. I love how they turned out and can't wait to hang them up at our house.
We went to the fair every day, sometimes even twice depending upon what was going on. The first night the girls got judged on the dresses I made for them and we had to drop off some of their projects. We also went to the fair queen pageant with Sophie and Clare. The girls had a great time sitting with their cousins, picking out their favorite, and trying to determine who was going to win. I think we started a new tradition by going.
The next morning we had to drop off more projects and then the girls had to be "judged" on their Cloverbud projects. Really it was just showing their project to a girl who asked them questions about it. We also visited the petting zoo, one of the kids' favorite places to go at the fair.
Friday we headed out to watch my nieces in the 4-H clothing review, which was basically a fashion show of the clothing girls either sewed or bought. We also checked out the kids' projects and got to see how well they did. They did great and got quite a few first place ribbons! We then went back that night for supper and to ride rides. It was so nice going with my nieces and nephew because the older ones could help the younger ones, which meant we adults didn't have to ride any rides. I rode the Ferris Wheel with Chloe and Clare because I haven't ridden on it in forever and it was fun. I'm pretty sure those girls talked the entire time we were on it.
Saturday we went to the cattle show and watched my nieces show their heifers and steers. Aubrey took some pointers because next year she'll be out there doing that. She can't wait! It's hard to tell who's more excited about her finally being old enough to show - Aubrey or Calvin. After eating lunch, we went home for awhile for Coye to nap and then came back out for supper.
Sunday was the fashion show where people model the clothing they sewed. The girls modeled the dresses I made them on the runway. They were the first ones in the show. I forgot to have them practice, so they were a little nervous. Aubrey did great, but Chloe looked terrified. I ended up getting a first place on their dresses and beat the woman I have lost to for the past few years. I was pretty excited! Mom and dad came for the show and walked around looking at animals and projects with us for the rest of the afternoon. By the end of the day we were all exhausted and ready to go home.
We all had a great time at the fair and are looking forward to next year and all the fun that it will bring.













No comments:
Post a Comment