Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Girls' Birthday Party

The girls requested an American Girl Doll party this year. I searched high and low for a cake I could make but the only ones I could find were made out of fondant, which I have no experience in. I finally found a star shaped cake that was made out of buttercream. Since the American Girl logo is a star, I figured that would work. When I told Aubrey that’s what I was going to do, she looked at me and told me that was kind of boring. Apparently she’s used to me going overboard on their birthday cakes. Once it was finished though, she liked it. Honestly, it was so nice to be able to make a cake and decorate it in less than a couple hours. We invited family over for dinner, but Calvin’s brothers and their families unfortunately weren’t able to make it, so it was a little more quiet than usual. I know the girls really missed their cousins, but they had plenty of aunts to keep them entertained. They opened presents, ate birthday cake, and then played a game of spoons before we had to leave because of our Cloverbud meeting that afternoon. It was a quick party, but nice to spend time with family.







No comments: