Chloe's hair was long - really long. She's had many haircuts throughout her life, but we've never cut off more than an inch or two at once. Her hair is just so pretty and thick - I've never wanted to cut it short. Calvin, on the other hand, has been wanting it cut for at least six months. Every time we went to get the girls' hair trimmed or Coye's hair cut, he's been begging me to cut Chloe's short. Because her hair was so thick and long, it was not much fun to brush or comb, especially if she'd been out in the wind without a braid or it at least pulled back. There were always lots of snarls and tangles, so I finally gave in. I decided though that since it was so long, we should donate it. I heard about this charity called Children with Hairloss that made wigs specifically for children and gave a child in need a free wig every year until they turned 18. This sounded like a great thing for Chloe to do (she's been wanting to cut her hair short for a while too). I made an appointment with Calvin's aunt (a beautician) to cut it the end of May. We only needed to cut 8 inches to donate it, but as we measured it, another inch wasn't really going to make that much of a difference, so we cut off 9 inches. She went first because Aubrey wanted hers cut just as short as Chloe's. I have to admit it does look really cute. She looks older and it's nice that she can brush it and go. We don't have to do anything to it if we don't want to and she loves being able to just wear it down. I do miss her long hair sometimes - you can't do as many things to short hair, but it will be so great for this summer.
 |
| Her hair had been in a french braid the previous day so it was pretty wavy. |
 |
| It was definitely long. |
 |
| All washed and ready to cut |
 |
| Last picture with long hair |
 |
| Here we go |
 |
| The final result |
 |
| Her new short cut and the 9 inches we cut off |
No comments:
Post a Comment