Friday, October 14, 2011

Swing of Things

This past week we've been getting things figured out with two babies and their different schedules, plus driving to school twice a day. It's been nice going to school every day in the sense that we do the same thing every day and have gotten back into the routine of it. This week they were back in the field, so I've been on my own for much of the week. On Wednesdays I have handbell rehearsal at church. Everyone was in the field, so I had to take the kids with me. I was a little nervous about how Coye would do, but I didn't have any other options. The girls were awesome, and Coye did pretty well too. He sat in his car seat for a while and stared at the ceiling fans, and then played on the floor for a bit. Towards the end of rehearsal he started getting tired, so one of the ladies held him so we could finish practicing. It all worked out. On Thursday, I decided to take the kids to my niece Abbi's basketball game since it was at St. Paul's. I had Logan (the other little boy I babysit), so he came with us too. Thank goodness my in-laws and Calvin's aunt were there to help out. While the kids were good, it was definitely exhausting keeping track of all of them and keeping everyone happy. I am so happy that it's Friday today. I'm looking forward to hopefully sleeping in a little bit later tomorrow and staying home. Last weekend was so busy, I'm hoping that this weekend will be more relaxing.

Waiting for mommy to get ready for bed

In Aubrey's book order this month was a diary. I usually let them pick one or two books out, but she really wanted this diary, so I gave in and got it for her. She's been anxiously waiting for it to come and was so excited to bring it home today.

Chloe's sad face - she wanted a diary too.

Coye's typical position on his stomach - arms straight out. He has yet to figure out that if he puts his arms straight in front of him, he could roll over.

Being silly before bed

No comments: