Friday, July 29, 2011

Rough Week

I am so glad this week is almost over! Our weekend was crazy busy with a family reunion and the fair. Monday morning was spent at Eileen's doing corn. Tuesday morning Aubrey woke up with a high fever, headache, sore throat, and threw up after trying to eat something. She couldn't keep anything down that day except one small cracker and tiny sips of water. She ended up throwing up in the middle of the night and then twice more the next morning. I took her to the doctor Wednesday and was told that she had strep throat. Because she was vomiting, they ended up giving her a shot instead of oral medication. Aubrey was very brave about the shot, but did cry because it hurt. By Wednesday evening, her throat felt better, but she was still had a tummy ache. I did get her to eat some popsicles and eat a little piece of toast and some jello. Thursday morning she threw up again after drinking some water and eating some jello, so she was back to her diet of popsicles and sprite. That evening she did eat some more jello and toast. This morning she woke up looking much better and has eaten toast, jello, a popsicle, and a cracker without throwing up. Hopefully she is on the mend and the rest of us stay healthy!


Coye after he just woke up

He likes to spin himself around in bed now. I put him in with his head on the other end of the crib and this is how he was when I went up to get him.


Thankfully he's been really good this week!


She's been as ornery as ever!


She loves to smother him. We'll see how she likes it in a few years! :)


I think he's back to looking more like her.


Very somber


I wanted Aubrey to sleep in our room in case she got sick in the middle of the night. Chloe didn't want to sleep by herself upstairs so they both ended up sleeping on the floor in our room for two nights. They loved it!


Aubrey's "bed"


1 comment:

Marsha Keller said...

Another great story! By the way I just realized if you click on a photo the picture enlarges! How did I not know this!