Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Coye's One Week Checkup
Last week Coye went to the doctor for his one week checkup. Mom was still here, so she and the girls went with me. He weighed 6 lbs 12 1/2 oz, which meant that he'd gained 5 1/2 oz since leaving the hospital. They didn't check his length, which mom was bummed about because she thought for sure he looked longer. The doctor looked him over and even put him on his stomach to check his spine. As he was laying there, he kept pushing up with his arms - he's such a strong little thing. All of a sudden, he rolled over. We were all shocked by what happened. She put him on his stomach again and this time he rolled over the other way. I'm not sure if it was a fluke or what, but until he loses his umbilical cord, I'm too scared to put him on his stomach and let him try again. One of the other things she checked was his eye - it had been goopy all week. She said that he had a blocked tear duct and I should massage it to get it to open up and the she also prescribed drops for me to put in three times a day. I was not excited about that, but he actually did great with them as long as he was awake. If you tried to put them in when he was sleeping, he would get very angry. I'm glad we are done with those though and his eye looks so much better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment