Monday, March 14, 2011
Hearts at Home
This past weekend several of my friends and I went to a moms' conference in Bloomington. We left Friday morning after dropping the kids off at school and headed down for a day of pampering and shopping. We had manicures and pedicures and then spent the rest of the afternoon leisurely shopping, which doesn't happen very often. Usually we have a mission when on a shopping trip and try to get things done as quickly as possible. It was nice to be able to take our time and not really have a set time schedule. We were able to have a nice sit-down lunch with adult conversation and no one needing anything from us. It was great! The conference started Friday night with a Mom's Night Out that consisted of some singing, skits, and a hilarious stand-up comedian. I can't even remember when I've laughed so hard for such a long period of time. After getting back to our hotel room, we ate pizza, had some girl talk, and stayed up way too late. Saturday morning came bright and early and we were at the conference around 8 a.m. for an opening session and then our smaller sessions. Two of the sessions I went to were great and helpful in giving my thoughts and ideas on parenting in general and then specifically in parenting a preschooler. I learned a lot and came back home energized. While it was nice to be away and have some time to feel refreshed, I missed my girls a lot and couldn't wait to come back home to them (Calvin too). I'm so thankful for family and Calvin who kept the girls and made it possible for me to go away for a couple of days. I'm very blessed to have such a great support system!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you had the opportunity to attend the conference. I always get something out of those type of events.
Was this your first time going? I went for years with my Bible study group when we lived in Lincoln, IL THe conference is a\great. I am going to try to go next year now that I am closer. Glad you had a good time. Great to get away and great to come home refreshed :)
Post a Comment