This past week flew by very quickly. On Wednesday, I babysat my two nieces (ages 4 and 11 months) in the morning. On Thursday, I babysat Clare (the 11 month old) in the morning. Those two mornings just flew by. Everything went pretty well. I was able to get the two babies fed and napped without too much schedule conflict. Aubrey enjoyed having Sophia to play with and watching Clare. Aubrey needs to work on sharing her toys, but part of that is typical behavior for her age.
Sophia and Aubrey watching TV
Friday again was mom's Bible study at church. There were less children there, so I thought that maybe Aubrey would play with the other kids, but she was still pretty shy. I think that she might be intimidated because they are older than she is and were already there playing together once we got there. Who knows. We go to the library next week where the kids are more her age, so we'll see what she does there.
We moved Chloe up to her room for the first time on Saturday night. She has been making so much noise (squeaking, grunting, and moving around) that we couldn't take her being in our bedroom anymore. I was a little nervous, but with the baby monitor, you can hear everything (if you want to)! She slept okay, but was up earlier than normal. I didn't sleep very good that first night, because I was nervous about her being up there. Since then, we have slept better each night though. It is so nice having our room back! No more tip-toeing around so as not to wake her up. The only fear I have is that she will wake Aubrey up, so I make sure to head upstairs as soon as I hear her start to cry.
Aubrey continues to be a good helper. She also has found that she loves the goats! She loves to go outside and watch them in the barn. She could stand out there for hours! She has even petted one of the baby ones several times, which is amazing for the girl who seems to be afraid of everything at the moment! She has also been much better about walking around outside even if Tess, our dog, is around. She doesn't like her, but she tolerates her. It's a step in the right direction. :)
Aubrey in the goat barn
One of the baby goats - aren't they cute?
Chloe sleeping in the swing
Chloe awake!
Aubrey standing beside the table in her room
Aubrey in front of her kitchen
Chloe fell asleep on the floor while I was making supper!
No comments:
Post a Comment