Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Birthdays and Baptism

This past weekend was a very busy one! We celebrated Aubrey's 2nd birthday and Chloe's baptism on Sunday with a party for both of them in one. (They don't know any different at this point in time!) My family came for the weekend to help us celebrate. Aubrey and Maximus played pretty well together. Aubrey for the most part was willing to share her toys, except for her babies. They were funny to watch. So with my family, Calvin's family, and a few friends, we had about 30 people at our house! Everyone had a great time though, and the girls got many nice things. Chloe's baptism also went very well. She slept through the entire service, even when Pastor poured water over her head. Mom also sang and did a beautiful job. By the time the day was over and everyone had left, I was exhausted!
Aubrey ended up getting an upper respiratory and sinus infection last week and is finally starting to get over it and feel better. She had her 24 month well check last Friday. She now weighs 23 pounds and is 33 inches tall. Overall, the doctor said that everything looked good for her (except for the infection). Chloe also went for her 1 month well check. She now weighs 8 pounds 5 ounces and is 21 1/2 inches long. She grew 1 1/2 inches last month. Amazing! She is also doing very well and finally lost her umbilical cord last week.
I continue to be busy just with the basic household chores. I do not know where the day goes. It seems like its supper time and I have gotten hardly anything done. We are starting to get into a routine though. Chloe is doing much better at night. As long as I keep her up more during the day, she sleeps great at night. Last night I only had to get up once, which was so nice! She is also doing better with laying on the floor. Before she hated to be left on the floor, but now she is getting more used to it. Aubrey continues to be a bundle of energy. She is very good at entertaining herself and finding things to play with. Though, she does occasionally want me to hold her when I'm trying to nurse Chloe or do something for her when I'm trying to calm Chloe down, but that's to be expected. Overall, we are all doing great and looking forward to some warmer weather!
Chloe in her baptismal dress

Our family

The Timm family

Aubrey celebrating on her birthday (March 2nd)

Aubrey's Pooh birthday cake

Aubrey playing in the snow

Aubrey loves to throw snowballs!

Chloe loves sitting in the bouncy seat!

Choe's 1 month picture

Taking a real bath for the first time

Relaxing after bath time

No comments: