Wednesday, November 20, 2013

New Addiction

Danielle's been running for several years and has gotten mom to start back up again too. They've done 5K's, half marathons, and Danielle's even run the Chicago marathon twice. I've always thought they were crazy - who likes to run?! But last spring, Danielle sent us all a text wondering if we wanted to run the Hot Chocolate 5K in Chicago this fall. I thought, 3 miles, yuck! But everyone else was going to so I said I'd run too. In August I started running and found that - shock of all shock - I like running. I'm not sure if it's the quiet alone time or the fact that I'm getting some exercise or what it is exactly, but I really enjoy it. We spent the weekend at Danielle's for the race and got to enjoy some kid-free mom/daughter time. It was so nice. The morning of the race we got up very early, took the bus to the starting point of the race, and then waited. It was freezing and there were so many people, but once we got started, it was awesome! I can't wait to run in another one. Now, if I could just get my knee straightened out...

Waiting for the race to start
Chicago sky line from the starting point of the race
Running
After the race
Enjoying hot chocolate after the race
My good friend Jan ran too so I caught up with her after the race

1 comment:

Diane said...

When I was younger, my side hurt when I ran. So I stick with walking. Congratulations to all of you for completing the run.