All last week I kept hearing about this big snowstorm that we were supposed to get over the weekend. I was pretty skeptical. They have been wrong all winter about the amounts of snow that we were supposed to get the few storms that came through. I figured that we'd maybe see an inch or so. Plus, I'm really over snow and ready for spring and warmer weather, so I was actually okay with not getting anything. Well, wouldn't you know, that they were actually right for once. It snowed a little bit Saturday night, but then started snowing pretty heavily late Sunday afternoon and all night leaving us with between 7-9 inches of snow (it was blowing so it was hard to tell exactly how much we had with all of the drifts). School was cancelled for Monday, and we were able to just be at home. We played outside after lunch and got to sled down some big piles that Calvin had made when he cleared off the lane. We also made a snowman and enjoyed trying to walk through the knee deep drifts on the side of the barn. Last snow storm we had one of my friends made snow cream with her kids, so I looked up a recipe on Pinterest, and we made it. Yes we ate snow, which Calvin thought was disgusting. But I made sure we got it from a place that had no footprints and was at least a foot deep. I wasn't sure what it was going to taste like, but it was delicious!
 |
| Getting ready to make snow cream |
 |
| Coye's turn to stir |
 |
| Chloe's turn |
 |
| Aubrey's turn |
 |
| Finishing mixing |
 |
| The finished product |
 |
| Yum! |
 |
| Even better with lots of sprinkles! |
 |
| I think he had at least 3 helpings. |
No comments:
Post a Comment