Coye turned 11 months almost a month ago. While I failed to blog about it, I did write down the things he was doing at the time in his baby book. Thank goodness or I would have forgotten what he did then compared to what he's doing now. Here's what he was up to at the time:
- He is still getting up twice in the middle of the night to eat. He was down to eating once in the middle of the night, but when he got sick with bronchitis and wouldn't eat or drink much of anything, I fed him whenever he would eat.
- He eats three meals a day, plus a snack in the afternoon. He will now eat bread, diced fruit, and noodles. He really likes to feed himself.
- He gets mad when he is left by himself. He likes to have someone around all the time, even if it's just one of the girls.
- He's figured out how to go up the stairs but doesn't know how to go back down.
- He likes to open the drawers in the bathroom and empty them.
- He's started cruising around things. I don't encourage it much because I'm not ready for him to walk yet. :)
- He finally got two teeth on the bottom. He worked at them for quite a while and was pretty crabby off and on while they were coming in.
- He figured out how to feed himself, which is quite handy. It's so nice to give him food on his tray and have him eat it without help.
- He weaned himself off of his pacifier. He wasn't using it to sleep at all anymore, so I decided to take it away before he got reattached to it. He still gets excited when he sees other kids have them though and tries to take theirs away.
- He was really sick the end of the month with bronchitis. Chloe had had a cold the previous week before Coye came down with a runny nose and cough on a Friday. He was super crabby all weekend so I decided to take him in to the doctor and have him checked. I'm so glad I did, because he ended up having bronchitis that was well on its way to pneumonia, according to the doctor. She put him on azithromycin for 5 days and he went back for a well check that Friday. The Monday we went to the doctor I couldn't get him to breastfeed at all or eat hardly anything. I was really worried about dehydration and that maybe he was going to wean himself of nursing too. I ended up pumping and giving him two bottles that day (crazy thing is the kid had never had a bottle before in his life but he sucked them down like he'd always had one) and got him to drink some pedialyte. I gave him one bottle the next day before he finally started nursing again. It took several days for him to get an appetite back and eat without throwing up (he had thrown up once a day for almost a week because of all the drainage he had going on). It was a really long week of him wanting to be held most of the time. I was so glad when he finally started feeling better.
1 comment:
Coye has changed a lot since I last saw him!
Post a Comment