Friday, September 10, 2010

The Girls' Terminology

The girls continue to grow and change. I've had several people comment on how tall they've both gotten over the summer. It's hard for me to see it as I see them every day, but I have noticed that their pants don't seem to fit as well in the length. They continue to love to play house and babies. I'd say they play that almost 95% of the time. I'm usually either the big sister or the grandma. They are constantly going to the hospital to "have" their babies. Thank goodness neither one of them has asked how that happens yet. Although I have told Aubrey that when she was born they cut my tummy open to get her out, so maybe that has satisfied her curiousity so far. They really do play very well together. On Thursday, they played together by themselves for over two hours with no fighting. It was awesome and I was able to catch up on some paperwork I was majorly behind on! Chloe continues to talk non-stop. Sometimes I wish that girl had a mute button. She constantly wants to know what or why and asks me every night where we are going the next day. For the most part, she talks like a little adult except for a few things like calling the computer a "mickpooter" and calling the fly swatter a "shooflyper". Not really sure where she came up with those. Aubrey is the typical older, bossy sister who loves to be in charge and tell Chloe what to do. Most of the conflict comes when Chloe refuses. Lately I've been trying to let them work it out, unless one of them is hurt of course. Aubrey's cute phrase right now is when she asks you, "Can you do me a favorite?" instead of a favor. She says it all the time and it's so cute I hate to correct her. They are both such good helpers with the baby I babsit two to three afternoon/evenings a week. They love Logan and genuinely miss him when he's not around. They love to "babysit" him and keep him entertained. They are so good! Chloe gets his food out every time for me and will get diapers and wipes too when a diaper needs to be changed. They definitely make life a little easier, that's for sure.


They were both up really early one morning, so I made them read books in my bed while I finished getting ready.
They love to play church and demo derby on the steps. Not really sure which one this is - Aubrey took the picture.
Chloe read books to Logan one day.

1 comment:

Marsha Keller said...

Always love the updates and photos!