Friday, September 3, 2010

Pool

Okay, I know. I've been terrible this summer about keeping up with my blog. There's always just something else that needs to get done that I never end up sitting down and doing it. So my goal is to try and get some pictures up from the past couple months that have been sitting on my computer for forever and let you know what we've been up to this summer.

Last year, over Labor Day weekend, we went to my parents' and helped them take down their pool. They were giving it to us, so we needed to get it all loaded and brought home. Once the weather started warming up, I began to drop hints to Calvin about setting up the pool. He finally agreed, only for us to have to wait three weeks for a part we needed to come in. This meant that instead of putting up the pool in June, we were now looking at July. I still wanted to get it done, but had pretty much lost hope that it would get up this summer. Calvin finally made up his mind to put it up and started digging out the sod, leveling the dirt, and then putting in sand. The weekend we put it up ended up being the weekend mom and dad were on vacation and the wind was blowing pretty strong. Calvin's parents and aunt came and helped us put it up. It was pretty stressful. I thought for sure several times that the wind was going to knock the whole wall in, but we made it and got it filled. Mom and Jenna came over the next day to help me set up the pump, filter, and add chemicals. It didn't take long for the water to go from brown to clear - maybe three days. We were swimming within a week of putting it up.
The pool has been amazing to have. During July, we swam just about every day. The girls, even Chloe, will swim by themselves around the pool. Aubrey will even go under water - though it's not her favorite thing. They've gotten so much more comfortable in the water and have become little fishies. :) I'm so thankful to mom and dad for giving it to us.


Aubrey swimming
Aunt Dani with Aubrey and Chloe
Getting ready to go swimming for the first time

Aunt Dani and Chloe
Swimming with Grandma and Grandpa
The pool

Aubrey swimming


No comments: