Friday, September 10, 2010

First Day of School

Aubrey started school on August 25th. She was so excited and couldn't wait to go. She'd been missing her friends during the summer and was anxious to get back into a routine. I was a little nervous about how Chloe would react, because all summer they'd been pretty good buddies and spent most of their days playing together. After we dropped Aubrey off and got into the car, she did say, "I want Aubrey to come home with me." in a pretty pitiful way. Once we got home though, she was fine.

This year Aubrey is in four year old preschool, which means she goes three mornings a week. She had been logically trying to figure out the whole school thing and decided that she would go to school three days a week now, five days a week in kindergarten, and then six days a week the next year. She was actually really excited by that fact until I informed her that you only ever go five days a week. I think she was a little bummed. She loves school!

First day of school - she looks so big!

My niece Sophia gave Chloe her old bookbag, because Chloe was crying about not having one. The day before school started, we packed Aubrey's bookbag with all of her school supplies. Chloe, of course, needed some supplies too. We put in Aubrey's old folder, some crayons, scissors, and a glue stick. She then proceeded to bring her bookbag with her on Aubrey's first day of school. She even wore it into the school!

Ready to go

By her hook

Trying out her paints the first day

1 comment:

Diane said...

Thanks for sharing about Aubrey's first day of school. I enjoy reading and seeing what your family is doing.