Tuesday, March 2, 2010

New Things for Chloe

This past weekend we took the girls shopping and got Chloe's ears pierced. We got Aubrey's done at 2 1/2 and I've been wanting to do Chloe's for a while. We promised her that she could have a sucker and ride on the carousel after she got them done, so she was excited so she could do both of these. She did really well and sat very still. She, of course, cried when it first happened, but the crying only lasted long enough for us to put solution on her ears and get her sucker unwrapped. Once she had that sucker, she was fine. She's such a tough little thing! She doesn't even cry when I clean and turn them three times a day. Plus, she looks so stinkin' cute!

Waiting for them to pierce her ears Chloe and her new earrings
For the past few months, Chloe has been going pee-pee (or tinkle as she calls it) on the potty at night before bathtime. Last week, I decided to try and see what happened when I put underwear on her. For the first few days, I started taking her every half hour and she did pretty good. By the middle of the week though, I was getting frustrated with the accidents and thought that maybe she wasn't ready, but she got up from her nap and wanted to wear underwear, so I put them back on her and we've continued to work on it. She made it all day Sunday and today with no pee accidents (I have yet to catch her for #2) and yesterday she only had one, so we are making progress. My goal is to not get frustrated and not force this on her. If she wants to wear underwear, she can. If she doesn't, then I'm not going to push it. So far, she wants to wear underwear every day, so that's what we've been doing.
Chloe gets mints every time she goes tinkle and gets to put a sticker on the chart every time she keeps her underwear dry. She loves both of these and they are great motivators for her.

No comments: