Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chloe's Fat Lip

Yesterday the girls and I went to Dairy Queen to get a birthday cake (I decided I shouldn't have to make my own). We got back to the car, and I was helping Aubrey get in, when Chloe fell face first on the pavement. She had been walking by the car with her hands in her pockets and tripped on something. Since her hands were in her pockets, she couldn't catch herself. She, of course, cried and her mouth bled a lot. I think we went through 3 kleenexes before we got it to stop. She scratched her wrist, tore part of the skin off her bottom lip, and ripped the muscle that holds her lip to her gums (the thing that goes between her top teeth). She continued to be pretty fussy, so I figured that her mouth probably hurt (she's normally pretty tough). It wasn't until an hour later that I started to get worried about her teeth. I called the dentist, who said to give her some Tylenol and wait until tomorrow. I took her today to have her checked out. The dentist was really nice and looked at it. He said that the muscle she tore will probably re-attach, while we will just have to wait and see what happens to her teeth. He said there's a possibility that they may discolor, depending on whether blood flow was cut off or not. So as of right now, she's on a soft diet (which is extremely hard!) and we will just wait and see what happens.

No comments: