Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Slipping and Sliding
The end of last week finally got warm enough for us to go outside and play without the girls complaining of being too cold. We went outside Thursday and Friday for a couple hours and played in the snow. It had begun to melt, so it packed great! Aubrey wanted to make two snowmen - one for her and a little one for Chloe. She helped me make hers (we had to bring out a carrot for the nose and use rocks for the eyes and buttons), but lost interest in making Chloe's, so I had to do that one myself. After our snowmen were finished, we made some slides in the big snowpile we have. The girls absolutely loved that! Aubrey would go down the slide first and then catch Chloe for me. Most of the time, Chloe went so fast she toppled Aubrey at the bottom. They both had a blast though! Too bad it wasn't like this when the boys were here. Maximus would have loved sliding down the hill. Oh well! The second day we went out, I convinced them to ride on the sled. Aubrey insisted on pulling me - I didn't move at all - until I convinced her it would be much more fun to ride while I pulled. They loved it when I ran while pulling, but that was hard work. I guess it was a good workout though. :) Both of them are ready for some more snow.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment