Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ha-ha!

I was talking to Calvin today about going to get our flu shots next week. Aubrey must have overheard us, because when we got home she started trying to convince me that she didn't need to get a shot. She told me that she wasn't sick. I tried to explain to her that the shot would help keep her healthy. She was not happy about the whole idea. She finally said, "I'll just pray every day and every night. Then I won't need a shot." Wow! What do you say to that? I don't remember exactly what I said, but I think it was something like, "That would be a great idea honey," and just left it at that.

Aubrey carrying her baby in the Snuggli.
I actually got Chloe to sit still long enough to get her hair french-braided.

After the girls got up from their nap today, we were playing in Aubrey's room when Chloe started brushing my hair with a little pony brush. She doesn't brush gently - the tips of the brush are pressed hard against your head as she drags it down your scalp. Plus, she holds a chunk of your hair at the ends and then tries to brush the part that she's holding without letting go of it. Needless to say, there's a lot of me saying "ow, ow!" to which she replies, "Sorry." It's really quite humorous. After a while, Aubrey decided that it looked like fun to do my hair, so she started too. First she put in several headbands - none of which were holding any hair out of my face. :) Then she put about ten barrettes and bows all across the front of my hair. After she put in each one, she would rub my face with her hand and say, "Ahhh. That looks pretty!" After the fifth time doing it, I just had to laugh.
Aubrey did her own hair. . .
. . . and mine. Think she's got a career in hair dressing? :)
I bought Chloe a new toothbrush today that has a train on it. After Chloe finished brushing her teeth tonight, I told her that it had a "choo-choo" on it and showed her where it was. She looked at it kind of puzzled and then said/sang, "Na na na na choo choo." Let me explain. This summer at VBS, there was a song that had a chorus in it that said, "Na na na na woo-hoo." Aubrey loves that song and sings it all the time, except she sings it as "Na na na na too-too." Apparently Chloe changed the words to her version too and her part became "choo-choo". I just had to laugh - it was so darn cute!

Chloe likes to wear her sunglasses like this . . .
. . . and like this.

One more note - I read stories to both girls tonight in Chloe's room as Calvin was in the field. Aubrey and Chloe each get to choose one book, and then we lay out pillows on the floor in Chloe's room and read them. Well, Aubrey brought in this book called Kisses. Chloe hadn't picked one out yet, so I told her to go and get a book. Instead of going to her book basket, she ran out of her room and brought back a romance book off the shelf in the office. She then laid down on her pillow, got covered up, and handed it to me to read. I, of course, didn't read it, but gave it back to her to look at. She proceeded to "read" through it as I read Aubrey's book to her. What a character!

No comments: