So, I know I've been slacking lately in posting things, so I told myself that I would sit down tonight and let everyone know what's been going on in our lives the past few weeks. The weather hasn't cooperated much for playing outside. Aubrey wanted to play in the snow this weekend and ride on her sled, which is strange considering that she never wanted to ride on the sled when we had lots of snow. We didn't end up going outside though - it melted before we got out there to do anything with it. Instead we helped Calvin work on painting the basement. That's right - the basement! It's all painted now and Calvin's working on installing the drop ceiling now. It's looking good. I'll have to post pictures of it as soon as I get some taken. Aubrey had a blast painting on the walls and then painting some cinderblocks that were down there. She’s acting more and more grown up here lately. She definitely picks up on things and doesn’t want to be left out of anything. She always wants to know what’s going on. She’s also graduated into wearing underwear at naps and at night. All of a sudden, she was dry at both, so we decided to try it and she’s been wearing them for a week with no accidents. Hooray!
Chloe’s her usual independent self. She loves to bounce from thing to thing and is constantly on the go. We’re still working on sharing between the two girls. Chloe always wants to be near Aubrey, which Aubrey is not so appreciative of at times. I’m hoping that some day the girls will actually be friends and like playing together. :) Mom says it will happen. She still only has four teeth, but she’s been drooling like crazy again, so maybe there’s more teeth in there? She fell this week in the basement and smacked her nose on the cement. The poor little thing’s got a bruise on the bridge of her nose. Both girls also have colds that started on Sunday. The good thing is that they started at the same time, so hopefully they won’t pass it to each other. Calvin and I have been trying very hard to stay healthy. Hopefully we’ll stay that way!
She's learning to feed herself with a spoon. Like the oatmeal on the forehead?
I was able to paint some with her awake by giving her food and toys - a little bribery never hurts.
No comments:
Post a Comment