Chloe has really started developing her own little personality here lately, along with doing many new "tricks" (I hate calling them that but for lack of a better word). The past few days she has really started walking more. Where before she would crawl if it was more than a foot away, now she actually walks as far as she can before losing her balance. Today she walked about 3 feet from the desk to the kitchen chair. She also started crawling up the steps today. She's always liked to play by the steps, but she never went up more than a step or two and would get down as soon as you said her name. Not today! I took her down at least five times and put her somewhere else in the kitchen. As soon as I put her down, she would turn around and start climbing up again. I'm going to have to put up a baby gate at the bottom of the steps to keep her off of them. She's also becoming quite the eater. She loves bread, cheese, noodles, cheerios, crackers, and puffs. Whenever anyone is sitting at the table, she thinks that she should be eating too. She'll come and stand by your chair until you either pick her up (and she then tries to grab your food off of the table) or put her in the highchair and give her something to eat. The other cute thing that she has started doing is she'll pretend to hide. She's usually the last one in the tub at bath time. After the water is all gone, I'll go to get her out and she'll turn her head away from me, like if she can't see me, I can't see her, and then try to crawl away from me so that she doesn't have to get out of the tub. It's pretty amusing!
Aubrey's been into this "uppey" thing this week. She wants to be carried and will follow you around saying "uppey, uppey". Calvin thought that maybe it's because we carried her around a lot when she was sick. I don't know, but I'm ready for her to be over that. She's still going through withdrawal from Christmas when we had lots of people here and there were lots of people to play with. She hasn't wanted to play by herself as much as normal. It will be nice when Chloe gets a little older and they can play together more.
Calvin's been working a little more in the basement and has most of the first coat of mud done. He still has to do all the mudding around the windows, which will take a while as there is a lot to do.
Aubrey was trying to hug Chloe, though it looks like Chloe's being choked! :)

Chloe's 11 month picture - can you believe it?!

She really enjoyed this biter biscuit!

1 comment:
She looks so old in the 11 month picture!
Post a Comment