Monday, January 12, 2009

No, No Chloe!

I feel like this is a phrase that is used continuously in our house. For example, today I was trying to videotape Chloe walking. Of course, she wouldn't walk for me. Instead, she bypassed me altogether and headed for the steps. After looking at me several times, she proceeded to go up the steps and tune out mine and Aubrey's "no, no Chloe". As I ran over there to get her down, she thought it was a game and went up even faster! She was halfway up by the time I got her back down. Then after lunch, the girls were playing tea party together. Aubrey kept filling Chloe's cup for her and Chloe kept "drinking" (more like spilling it). I tried to get Aubrey to take Chloe's cup and fill it for her, except that Chloe didn't want to let go. Long story short, they both are crying and Aubrey finally gets the cup away from Chloe only to realize that the handle is broken. I look for the piece only to find it in Chloe's mouth! How she broke part of a porcelain cup I'll never know. I take it away from her and glue it back together. I then go back over to Chloe to find her chewing on something else. I fish around and find a big hunk of cheese. I have no idea where she got that! I think it was the piece that Aubrey didn't want and left on the table. She must have gotten it off of there? I definitely need to keep a closer eye on her! On a side note, Chloe has been saying "na, na" almost like it's supposed to be "no, no". Could this be her first word?
Aubrey decided that she likes to wash dishes. I just may delegate this job to her! :)
Playing tea party together - before the broken cup

No comments: