Friday, December 19, 2008

Ice Storm

Last night we got the ice that much of the Midwest got. I'm not sure how much ice it was, but it was definitely enough to cause some damage and headache. We woke up last night to a bunch of cracking noises that continued most of the night. I thought it was just ice and snow falling off of the roof, but it actually turned out to be a bunch of tree branches falling. We have quite a few branches (and limbs) on the ground under several trees. I was hoping the ice would melt off today, but so far, not much has actually melted. I just hope that we don't get a strong wind or we're going to lose even more branches. If it wasn't for the mess, it actually looks kind of pretty.

The tree by the back door lost its pretty shape and its branches are now touching the ground!
The big tree by the playground lost the most branches.

Ice on the plants and bushes

Ice on the deck covered everything - the door, grill, and even the bows on the lights!

The tree closest to the house lost quite a few branches too. I was worried about some hitting the house!

The west side of the driveway is completely covered by branches.

No comments: