Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chloe's Crawling!

Last week, Chloe started crawling! She had been scooting around kind of on her tummy, but last Wednesday (a week and a half ago), she started actually crawling. It was quite humorous, because it looked very awkward and she was so slow. But now, she can move a lot faster. She loves to get into things that she's not supposed to - paper, the garbage can, Aubrey's things, etc. She's like a magnet to paper. If there is paper anywhere, she will go for it. She has also started pulling herself up on things. She loves to stand up and see what's going on. It makes me a little nervous, but she loves it! Besides her new skills, she has also started eating more foods. She likes green beans, squash, carrots, peaches, and cereal. The only thing that she doesn't like is peas. She makes a very funny face when eating those.

Aubrey continues to be entertaining to both Chloe and me. She loves her sister as long as Chloe is leaving her stuff alone. This week she locked Chloe and herself in my bedroom. Chloe had fallen asleep in the car, so I had put her in my room to sleep. When she woke up, Aubrey wanted to go get her, so I let her. After a couple of minutes I went to check on them and found the door locked and Aubrey couldn't get it unlocked. I called Calvin twice and finally had to just take the doorknob off. I told her to never do that again! Yesterday, we went outside to hang up clothes and Aubrey wanted to take her swimming suit with her. (She's really into her swimming suit and loves to wear it. She also loves wearing tank tops and shorts, and doesn't understand why she can't wear them when it's only 50 degrees outside. I told her that it's too cold, and she said that she wants to move somewhere warmer.) She went up in her clubhouse of her swingset while Danielle and I hung up clothes. I happened to look up at her and saw that she was naked! When I asked her what she was doing, she said that she was putting her swimming suit on. She got her suit on and played for a few minutes until we were done. After we came inside, she then proceeded to take off her suit and put her clothes back on because she was done swimming. She is quite the character!
Chloe eating carrots and green beans.
me and the girls
Aubrey read her library books while I made dinner.
Chloe's newfound love - pulling toys off of the shelf.
Crawling
Chloe's 8-month picture

No comments: