Waiting for the girls to get set up
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Aubrey's Little Holes
Yesterday, we went shopping to Champaign. We had a bunch of stores to go to and finally ended up at the mall. Calvin and I had been talking about getting Aubrey's ears pierced for quite a while. I told him that I would not get it done without him, because Aubrey does better for him when she's hurt than for me. We have been asking her if she wanted it done, and she's been talking about it forever. She was excited about having "little holes in her ears like mommy". I've had to take my earrings out so that she could look at the holes. Since we were all in Champaign, we decided to go ahead and do it. I was a little nervous about it, but Calvin said that we should just do it. Aubrey was so excited and sat so still in the chair. She definitely didn't know what was coming. She was fine until they pushed the earrings through her ears, at which point, she started bawling! She cried for a little bit, until the girls who did it gave her a sucker and we told her she could ride on the carousel. Then she was fine. She complained about them hurting a few more times after that. Today, she has been pretty good. She doesn't really like it when I have to clean and turn them, but as long as they don't get bumped, she's okay with them. She does like them though and she looks pretty darn cute!

Earring-free ear lobes
Aubrey's new earrings

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So cute! I love reading your updates. We need to get together next time we're home! Will you guys be around on Halloween?
Post a Comment