Thursday, May 29, 2008

Lots of Traveling

The past week has been very busy! I feel like we have spent a lot of time in the car driving to different places. The girls have been very good though.
Last Thursday, Eileen (my mother-in-law) and I took the girls up to Palos Heights, a suburb of Chicago, for Chloe's doctor's appointment. My pediatrician had referred me to a pediatric dermatologist, because Chloe has a hemangioma, which is a birthmark that grows in size and darkens in color for the first nine months and will then shrink and fade for the next five to ten years. She has it in her diaper area and my pediatrician was worried that it may get infected. The dermatologist looked at it and said that it looked good and she did not want to do anything with it. I just have to keep an eye on it and if it does open up, I have to let her know immediately. I felt much better knowing that Chloe wasn't going to have to have surgery to have it removed or anything like that.
On Friday, my mom, sister, the girls, and I went to Iowa for a long weekend. My cousin Alaina graduated from high school and was having a party on Sunday to celebrate. Mom was going to help Aunt Cindy with the preparations and I thought that it would be fun to ride along, considering that neither one of the girls had ever been to Iowa and we hadn't seen Grandpa and Grandma in a long time. The girls did fantastic in the car! Chloe slept most of the way, while Aubrey didn't sleep at all. We brought toys for her to play with, and she watched a movie on mom's computer. We had a great time seeing family that I haven't seen in several years. The girls got way off schedule, and it was very frustrating dealing with Chloe who wasn't quite sure how to act. All in all though, it was worth the rough patches for a chance to spend time with my grandparents!
This past Wednesday, we went up to Chebanse, because it was the last day of school for my old class and I hadn't been to see them yet. It was fun to see the kids and get a chance to visit with a few of the parents and teachers. I also was able to get all of my stuff packed up from my classroom to bring home. (Then I don't have to make another trip up there.) It was nice to see everyone, but I am so glad that I am at home with the girls now!
Today we had to go to the grocery store and Walmart, which is an event in itself. Tomorrow I want to go and get flowers, as I haven't planted in my flower beds yet. Then hopefully we can spend some time at home without having to go anywhere!
Aubrey fell asleep on Uncle Larry's lap. He asked her if she wanted to rock with him, and she said yes and ended up falling asleep. I think he looks enough like Grandpa that Aubrey was very comfortable around him.
Chloe likes her stomach - for a minute or so.

Aubrey loved playing Grandma's clavinova.

Aubrey had to "fix" Grandpa because he was "sick".

Me and my two girls - we were all in yellow!

Grandma, Chloe, Grandpa, Mom, Aubrey, and me

Chloe is named after these two - Grandma Chloe and Danielle

Grandma Chloe and baby Chloe

Aubrey loved jumping on the trampoline with Zach and Caisha.

Aubrey and Daddy mowing the lawn together. Aubrey ended up falling asleep!

When we got home from Iowa, Calvin surprised us by having worked hard all weekend to put Aubrey's swing set up. He did a great job and Aubrey was so excited to play on it!

No comments: