Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Family Vacation

On June 21st, Aubrey and I left for vacation with my family to Afton, Oklahoma. (Calvin and my sister Hannah were both unable to go because of work, but the rest of us went together.) We stayed on Grand Lake, which is the largest lake in Oklahoma. The scenery was beautiful - lots of rolling hills, trees, and pasture. We had a great time together and were able to relax along with doing some sight-seeing (mom's favorite thing to do!). Some of the highlights of the trip were:
  • Aubrey running away from Maximus. He tried to use her several times as a support to stand up, which she didn't like. She also didn't like having to share her toys. :)

  • Shopping at some local stores and flea markets. What great deals they had!

  • Swimming! I love swimming, but I wasn't sure if Aubrey would as well. It turns out that she does. She had such a good time that I had to go and buy her a float so that I didn't have to hold her the entire time. (Nic and Ingrid also bought one for Maximus, because he loved swimming too.)

  • Spending time together. It was so nice to spend time together without having to constantly be working on something.

  • Seeing Har-Ber Village (an outdoor museum spanning the 1800s-1900s and taking a tour of the Pensacola Dam (the dam that was built to create Grand Lake).

All in all, it was a great trip. We returned home June 29th. Aubrey did pretty well in the car. She had her moments when she definitely got sick of her car seat, but singing really helped her to calm down. Thank God for VeggieTales!

Aubrey and I in front of some flowers at our resort.


Aubrey's new swim float

Aubrey and Maximus in front of a turbine at the Pensacola Dam.

Here is Aubrey reading some information about the Pensacola Dam.

Grandma and Aubrey swinging at the small park we found.

No comments: